I’m back! It’s been a while since I last blogged(almost a whole year) but I’m back and ready to share!
2014 was a chaotic year filled with tears, rough endings, but also filled with new beginnings, laughter, good wine, and wonderful friends. It was the year I turned 21, finished my first license of many, was offered a job post graduation, and said goodbye to my season in Iowa.
I’m ready for a year of new beginnings and adventure before I grow up and start my big girl job, and what better way to start then to spend the first half of the year in London- interning for a financial firm and taking a class or two 🙂
I leave today and will be back in May!
As traveling has been not only a passion of mine but a necessity (between traveling back and forth to the Bay Area and Iowa) I have gotten fairly good at packing. I now have a list of what I keep on hand for the plane ride.
As a kid we road tripped fairly often and to stay entertained we played the memory game, “I packed my backpack and in it I packed…” Well today I would like to share with you what I packed in my carry on for the flight to London.
1. Infinity Scarf: as it will be very cold in London when I arrive
2. Leather gloves:
3. Almonds: for in case I sleep through dinner.
4. Hand lotion
5. EOS Chapstick
6. Sunglasses: for in case the sun comes out in London
7. iPhone: enough said
8. Waterbottle: who wants to pay $5 for a plastic water bottle at the airport. I fill it up once I get through security at a drinking fountain. Sustainable to my wallet and the environment. It’s a win win 🙂
9. Travel book on Great Britain
10. Plugless charger: to charge my phone on the plane.
11. Ipad: filled with reading material from Steinbeck to C.S. Lewis
12. Passport: obviously 🙂
13. And lastly a journal. I just love writing and who know I might come up with a great blog post while on the plane 🙂
Hopefully you may find this list useful when you have to pack for an upcoming trip. For now I say goodbye to the USA for five months and hello to the United Kingdom.